How to disable the drop-shadow in Mac OS X window screenshots?Written by Alex Friday, 12 January 2018 12:00
Here’s the command. Just paste this line into your Terminal, and press return.
defaults write com.apple.screencapture disable-shadow -bool true killall SystemUIServer
To test out your new screenshot settings, just take a quick screenshot by pressing the key combination command-shift-4, followed by the spacebar. You should end up with a beautifully clean window screenshot, free of drop shadows. The best part about this is that your screenshot’s dimensions will now finally match the window’s dimensions, without all that added padding introduced by the drop shadow. Nice, huh?
If you no longer want these cleaned up windows, you can switch back to the normal shadowed screenshots by pasting the following into your Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.screencapture disable-shadow -bool false killall SystemUIServer
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.
Latest from Alex
- How to change your version of your Mac OS?
- [solved] How to remove Gutenberg styles from frontend?
- [solved] Tired of the message “Hola! Please activate your copy of Visual Composer to receive automatic updates.”?
- New Magento Enhancements Available Today [27 March 2019 ]
- How to change tag count limit in woocommerce widget?