Customize OS X's Login Screen with Any Logo You WantWritten by Alex Friday, 27 July 2018 11:16
The login screen on your Mac is perfectly functional as it is, but if you want to spice it up a little bit, blogger Jacob Salmela shows you how to customize the login screen with a logo of your choosing.
If you don't want to install a whole program just for a simple tweak it's easy to do manually. All you need is a PNG that's 428 X 248. Then, you'll need to save it as four different files.
You need four copies of this file, and they need to be named:
Once they are named correctly, just drag them into the following path:
and then choose to replace all of them.
That's it, log out, and you should see your new logo. Head over to Salmela's site for a few sample images and instructions for making your own.
Latest from Alex
- Launch Sublime Text 3 from the command line & simlink to Subl
- How to make current window screenshot in Mac
- Cracking the Cultural interview. How to pass culture-fit test in Google, Amazon, FB.
- How to Stop .DS_Store File Creation on Network Volumes in Mac OS X
- Git: Fix warning: unable to access '/.config/git/ignore': Permission denied