How to Stop .DS_Store File Creation on Network Volumes in Mac OS XWritten by Alex Tuesday, 07 August 2018 09:11
To disable the creation of .ds_store files, launch the Terminal application from /Applications/Utilities/ and enter the following command string exactly:
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true
Reboot the Mac for changes to take full effect.
Latest from Alex
- How to make current window screenshot in Mac
- Cracking the Cultural interview. How to pass culture-fit test in Google, Amazon, FB.
- Customize OS X's Login Screen with Any Logo You Want
- Git: Fix warning: unable to access '/.config/git/ignore': Permission denied
- How to Stop DS_Store File Creation on Network Volumes in Mac OS X